One thing that almost every parent can agree on is that kids love to snack. Whether it’s after school, during a play date, or right before dinner (perfect timing, right?), your little ones need fuel throughout the day. The tough part is that a lot of the snacks out there are processed, packed with sugar, fat, salt and other unfavourable additives. This can make it difficult to ensure your child is eating healthy and in turn, getting all the nutritional benefits for proper development. Therefore, to make snacking a little more nourishing and wholesome, we have some easy-to-make recipes that will get your kid excited about good food. In combination with IronKids® Vitamins, you’ll be giving your kid support for a growing mind and body.
More than Milk & Cookies
Feed your kid’s appetite at snack time with these nutritional alternatives to the classic after school munchies. Not only will you gain peace of mind, your little one will also learn how to eat right from an early age. Let the ‘Yum’ begin!
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- A much healthier substitute for an all-time kid favourite, sweet potato fries provide more fiber than their white potato counterpart. They also taste just as delicious dipped in ketchup!
- Orange Cranberry Muffins
- Packed with fruits they’ll love, these muffins paired with a glass of orange juice make for a perfect early morning nibble
- Cucumber Boats with Spiced Yogurt
- A dish that really sparks the imagination, simply halve cucumbers lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and fill them with plain yogurt mixed with a pinch of sugar, salt and a dash of cumin
- Homemade Hummus & Pita Chips
- Growing in popularity amongst youngsters, hummus is high in protein and a healthy alternative to other dips packed with preservatives. Baked pita triangles make for delicious dipper
- Little Dippers
- Let’s face it, kids love to dip their foods. So, in addition to hummus and chips, try cutting apple wedges, sticking a toothpick in them and dipping them in your ideal nut butter. Sprinkle in some slivered almonds and bon appetite!
- Tropical Pops
- Treat your kid to an ice-cold Popsicle made with real fruit for healthy reward. Simply blend crushed pineapple, banana, vanilla yogurt, ice and pineapple juice, then freeze to make a tropical island delight
As there will sure be the occasional sugary snacks that you can’t avoid, it’s important to keep your kid’s teeth and gums super strong with IronKids Calcium. Specially formulated with 100 mg of non-dairy sourced calcium and enhanced with Vitamin D.
Kids’ potential should know no limits. In the classroom or on the playground, IronKids Gummies are specially formulated to provide them with the right nutritional balance for the optimal development of strong minds and bodies.
Made with natural ingredients, no artificial colours or flavours and guaranteed dairy, gluten and nut-free. IronKids Gummies offer a complete line of vitamins and supplements to provide kids with everything they need to learn, play and grow.